Lesson Plan: Climate Zones Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify world climate zones and make calculations about precipitation.
Students will be able to
- describe what a climate zone is,
- describe how the distance from the equator impacts climate,
- describe the polar zone, mountain zone, temperate zone, and tropical zone,
- identify the forms of water in the water cycle in each zone,
- make calculations about precipitation using multiplication and division.
Students should already be familiar with
- the meaning of weather and climate,
- the term equator.
Students will not cover
- global warming,
- climate change.