Lesson Plan: Working Scientifically
This lesson plan includes the objectives of the lesson teaching students how to describe the key principles of the scientific method and its importance in solving problems and advancing scientific knowledge.
Students will be able to
- define hypothesis, theory, and law and understand the differences between them,
- describe the uses and limitations of models and the importance of simplification when constructing a model,
- describe the steps taken during a scientific investigation,
- explain the role collaboration can play in scientific research,
- describe that hypotheses can be accepted and become theories but that they can, and are, disputed,
- describe the different types of model on which theories are based but acknowledge that they all have limits,
- appreciate the limit of science and that there are still phenomena that are unknown or cannot be explained.