Lesson Plan: Solving Quadratic Equations Graphically Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve quadratic equations using function graphs.
Students will be able to
- identify whether a quadratic equation has real solutions or not by looking at its graph,
- understand that the solutions to a quadratic equation can be found where the graph of the equation crosses the ,
- approximate the solution to a quadratic equation by sketching its graph,
- recognize the graph of a quadratic equation after solving it algebraically.
Students should already be familiar with
- sketching the graph of a quadratic equation.
- solving quadratic equations: factoring,
- solving quadratic equations: quadratic formula.
Students will not cover
- solving quadratic equations with complex roots.