Lesson Plan: The Mean and Standard Deviation of a Binomial Distribution Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the mean and standard deviation of a binomial random variable.
Students will be able to
- know the definitions of mean, median, expected value, variance, and standard deviation for binomial random variables,
- calculate the mean of a binomial distribution,
- calculate the variance and standard deviation of a binomial distribution.
Students should already be familiar with
- the mean, median, and standard deviation of a data set,
- the concept of a probability distribution.