Lesson Plan: The Reproductive, Excretory, and Immune Systems Science • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the parts and describe the functions of the reproductive, excretory, and immune systems.
Students will be able to
- describe the function of the reproductive system,
- identify and describe some of the basic parts of the reproductive system, including ovaries, eggs, and sperm,
- describe the function of the excretory system,
- label, identify, and describe some of the parts of the excretory system, including the kidneys, ureters, urethra, and bladder,
- describe the function of the immune system,
- identify and describe some of the parts of the immune system including skin, mucus, and white blood cells.
Students should already be familiar with
- the basic body systems,
- the function of blood,
- skin, saliva, and digestive juices.
Students will not cover
- the reproductive system in terms of sexual organs,
- the differences between the external organs associated with the excretory system in males and females.