Lesson Plan: Writing Word Problems: Multiplication and Division Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write story problems that can be solved with multiplication or division.
Students will be able to
- identify real-life applications of multiplication and division,
- identify the key features of multiplication and division problems,
- write story problems that represent multiplication and division equations,
- apply strategies to solve multiplication and division story problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying whether to solve a story problem with multiplication or division,
- writing equations to solve multiplication and division problems,
- multiplication facts up to .
Students will not cover
- using fractions or decimals,
- solving problems with more than two steps.