Lesson Plan: Work Done by a Constant Force Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the work done by a constant force acting on a particle.
Students will be able to
- calculate the work done by a force in moving an object by a given amount,
- find forces or distance traveled given the work done by a force,
- solve real-world problems involving work done by a constant force.
Students should already be familiar with
- Newton’s second law of motion.
Students will not cover
- work done by a force expressed in vector notation.