Lesson Plan: Types of Solar Eclipses Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, model, and describe the types of solar eclipses.
Students will be able to
- identify and describe the types of solar eclipses,
- model different types of solar eclipses,
- explain what causes total solar eclipses,
- explain what causes a partial solar eclipse,
- explain what causes annular eclipses.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that light travels in straight lines,
- the Sun-Earth-Moon system,
- light from the Sun,
- ultraviolet and infrared rays from the Sun.
Students will not cover
- the phases of the Moon,
- lunar eclipses.