Lesson Plan: Rate Graphs Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to interpret graphs from rate of reaction experiments.
Students will be able to
- use results from rate of reaction experiments to draw and interpret graphs,
- analyze graphs showing production or consumption versus time and concentration versus time,
- create and examine rate versus concentration graphs,
- describe changes in rate from sketch graphs,
- use the gradient of a tangent to calculate the rate of reaction at a specific time.
Students should already be familiar with
- various rate experiments and the data that they produce,
- using data to plot and draw sketch and formal graphs.
Students will not cover
- rate equations,
- rate expressions or results of the second order or higher.