Lesson Plan: Modeling Hundredths Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to represent hundredths with models, fractions, decimals, and in words.
Students will be able to
- write model any number of hundredths,
- write a fraction with a denominator of 100 as a decimal,
- a mixed number with a denominator of 100 as a decimal,
- write any number of hundredths as a fraction and a decimal,
- understand that the decimal point separates the whole part of the number from the fractional part,
- recognize that .
Students should already be familiar with
- place values of numbers with one decimal place.
Students will not cover
- modeling decimals on number lines.