Lesson Plan: Meters Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure the length of objects to the nearest meter.
Students will be able to
- recognize that there is 100 cm in 1 m,
- use a meterstick to classify objects as more or less than 1 m,
- measure objects in meters,
- estimate the length or height of objects in meters.
Students should already be familiar with
- measuring objects using nonstandard units,
- measuring objects in centimeters.
Students will not cover
- converting between meters and centimeters.