Lesson Plan: Experimental Probability Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and calculate experimental probabilities based on past results and use them to make predictions.
Students will be able to
- define experimental probability,
- use the language of probability to describe the chances of events occurring based on past results,
- calculate the probability of an event based on the results of an experiment,
- make predictions about future events based on past results.
Students should already be familiar with
- basic probability language, such as the terms certain, likely, and impossible,
- using fractions to describe probabilities.
Students will not cover
- theoretical probabilities,
- compound probabilities,
- writing probabilities as decimals.