Lesson Plan: Converting Decimals to Fractions: Tenths and Hundredths
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert decimals to fractions with denominators of 10 or 100.
Students will be able to
- convert a decimal number to a proper fraction whose denominator is 10 or 100,
- recognize that 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75 are the decimal forms of , , and ,
- convert a decimal number with up to two decimal places to a proper fraction in its simplest form,
- convert a decimal number with up to two decimal places to a mixed number in its simplest form.
Students should already be familiar with
- simplifying fractions,
- place value of decimals with up to two decimal places.
Students will not cover
- converting decimals with three decimal places to fractions.