Lesson Plan: Rate of Change: Graphs Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to interpret real-life graphs in which two variables have a linear relationship.
Students will be able to
- calculate the slope of a real-life graph at different intervals,
- use a slope to draw conclusions about a graph,
- compare two graphs and draw conclusions about their slopes,
- draw a graph that represents a given real-life scenario or a table of values.
Students should already be familiar with
- ratio and proportion,
- unit rate,
- calculating the gradient of a line,
- plotting a table of values.
Students will not cover
- the slope of nonlinear relationships,
- distance–time graphs.