Lesson Plan: Ionic Equations Chemistry • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert molecular equations to net ionic equations by identifying the charges and states of ionic species.
Students will be able to
- break down chemical formulas of ionic substances into their ions,
- break down chemical equations into ionic equations,
- identify spectator ions,
- write balanced net ionic equations,
- explain that ionic equations show only the particles that react and hence their products.
Students should already be familiar with
- writing and balancing chemical equations,
- chemical formulas.
Students will not cover
- redox equations.