Lesson Plan: Absolute Value Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate and graph absolute value functions and identify their domain and range.
Students will be able to
- find the domain and range of an absolute value function graphically,
- find the domain and range of an absolute value function from the equation,
- recall the graph of the absolute value function .
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of an absolute value.
Students will not cover
- solving absolute value equations,
- solving absolute value inequalities.