Lesson Plan: Expressing a Set Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to express a set by identifying its elements and recording them using words and notation.
Students will be able to
- express a set mathematically using braces, null,
- write a set using the listing method,
- write a set using the description method,
- understand that the order of the elements in a set does not matter.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a set.
Students will not cover
- the sets , , , and ,
- the universal set and the null set,
- subsets, unions, intersections, and differences between sets,
- negative numbers, fractions, and decimals,
- representing sets with Venn diagrams.