Lesson Plan: Converting Units of Time: Years, Months, Weeks, and Days Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert a larger unit to a smaller unit when working with years, months, weeks, and days and compare durations by converting to the same unit.
Students will be able to
- convert durations up to 10 weeks into days,
- convert durations up to 10 years into months,
- convert durations up to 10 years into weeks,
- convert durations up to 10 years into days,
- convert mixed measures by converting the larger unit to the smaller unit,
- compare two durations, including mixed measures.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers,
- multiplying by 10,
- reading, writing, adding, and subtracting numbers up to 10,000.
Students will not cover
- writing number sentences using the approximately equal to symbol ,
- multiplying by two-digit numbers.