Lesson Plan: Solving Exponential Equations Using Logarithms Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use logarithms to solve exponential equations.
Students will be able to
- apply logarithms (using a calculator) to solve exponential equations
- including equations where the exponents are binomials in one variable.
Students should already be familiar with
- logarithms as the inverse operation to exponentials,
- logarithms with arbitrary bases,
- laws of logarithms.
Students will not cover
- changing the base of a logarithm.