Lesson Plan: Graphs of Trigonometric Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to graph trigonometric functions, such as sine, cosine, and tangent, and deduce their properties.
Students will be able to
- graph the sine function (in degrees and radians),
- graph the cosine function (in degrees and radians),
- graph the tangent function by recognizing the zeros of the cosine function (in degrees and radians),
- recognize the periodicity of the sine, cosine, and tangent functions and other key properties such as maximum and minimum value (and range) and their roots,
- graph simple transformations of sine, cosine, and tangent, for example, .
Students should already be familiar with
- input/output tables,
Students will not cover
- graphs of reciprocal trigonometric equations,
- more general transformations of trigonometric graphs.