Lesson Plan: The 𝑛th Term Divergence Test Mathematics • Higher Education
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to apply the 𝑛th term test for divergence, which states that a series diverges if the limit of its 𝑛th term does not approach zero.
Students will be able to
- use the term divergence test to check if a series diverges,
- understand when the term divergence test fails.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a series,
- the concepts of convergence and divergence for series.
Students will not cover
- the integral test for series.