Lesson Plan: Horizontal Projectile Motion Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve problems about projecting bodies horizontally from a point above the ground.
Students will be able to
- understand that a projectile projected horizontally has an initial velocity in the vertical direction of magnitude zero,
- understand that a projected particle will accelerate due to gravity with a constant acceleration of downward,
- solve horizontal projectile problems in a real-world situation using the equations of motion to find missing times, velocities, and displacements.
Students should already be familiar with
- the equations of motion.
Students will not cover
- projectile motion of projectiles that are not projected horizontally,
- finding the horizontal and vertical components of a velocity.