Lesson Plan: Inscribed Angles in a Circle Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify theorems of finding the measure of an inscribed angle with respect to its subtended arc or central angle subtended by the same arc and the measures of inscribed angles in a semicircle.
Students will be able to
- find the measure of an inscribed angle given the central angle that is subtended by the same arc in problems, including equations,
- find the measure of an inscribed angle given the measure of its subtended arc in problems, including equations,
- solve problems involving an inscribed angle drawn in a semicircle in problems, including equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the measures of arcs,
- central angles in a circle,
- solving linear equations.
Students will not cover
- cyclic quadrilaterals,
- solving problems using the fact that the measure of all inscribed angles subtended by the same arc are equal.