Lesson Plan: Identifying Polynomials Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify polynomial expressions.
Students will be able to
- understand the definitions of and be able to identify polynomials, monomials, binomials, and trinomials,
- identify why a given expression is not a polynomial.
Students should already be familiar with
- real numbers and natural numbers,
- linear and nonlinear expressions.
Students will not cover
- operations on polynomials,
- the degree of a polynomial and that of a leading coefficient.