Lesson Plan: Electrochemical Cell Potential Chemistry • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the standard cell potential of galvanic cells using values from the electrochemical series.
Students will be able to
- describe the electromotive series,
- combine standard electrode potentials to calculate the standard cell potential,
- deduce the direction of flow of electrons in a galvanic cell,
- compare electrode potentials to determine the strength of an oxidizing or reducing agent,
- analyze standard cell potentials to deduce the feasibility of a reaction.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to set up and label parts of a galvanic cell,
- standard electrode potential and standard cell potential.