Lesson Plan: Doubling Odd and Even Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to double odd and even numbers and determine whether doubling these numbers results in a sum that is even or odd.
Students will be able to
- double an even or odd number, with or without manipulatives,
- determine whether doubling an even or odd number produces a number that is odd or even, with or without manipulatives,
- make and complete true statements about doubling even and odd numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to determine whether a number is even or odd,
- how to double numbers.
Students will not cover
- adding or subtracting odd and even numbers,
- sums greater than 40.