Lesson Plan: Simplifying Trigonometric Expressions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to simplify a trigonometric expression.
Students will be able to
- simplify trigonometric expressions using the relationship between trigonometric functions,
- use cofunction identities and shift identities to simplify trigonometric expressions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the relationship between trigonometric functions and reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- the equivalence between trigonometric functions and complementary angles.
Students will not cover
- Pythagorean identities,
- double- and half-angle formulas,
- solving trigonometric equations.