Lesson Plan: Newton’s Third Law of Motion Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve problems on Newton’s third law.
Students will be able to
- recall and state Newton’s third law of motion,
- calculate reading on scales in an accelerating system,
- find the acceleration of a system given the reading on a scale contained in the system,
- combine all of Newton’s laws of motion.
Students should already be familiar with
- resolving forces on a body,
- Newton’s first and second laws of motion.
Students will not cover
- problems containing pulleys.