Lesson Plan: Domain and Range of Trigonometric Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine the domain and range of a trigonometric function.
Students will be able to
- find the domain and range of trigonometric functions involving , , and given algebraically,
- find the domain and range of trigonometric functions involving , , and given graphically,
- identify values of or that lie outside the domain or range of a given trigonometric function involving , , or .
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of domain and range,
- graphs of the functions , , and ,
- periodicity of trigonometric functions.
Students will not cover
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- functions involving products or quotients of trigonometric functions ( is allowed).