Lesson Plan: Solving Quadratic Equations: Factoring Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve quadratic equations by factoring.
Students will be able to
- find real roots to monic and nonmonic quadratic equations by factoring.
Students should already be familiar with
- rearranging quadratic equations,
- multiplying binomials,
- factoring quadratic expressions,
- set notation.
Students will not cover
- finding complex roots to quadratic equations,
- the quadratic formula,
- completing the square,
- solving quadratic equations graphically.