Lesson Plan: Ordering Decimals: Tenths and Hundredths Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use models and place value tables to order numbers with up to two decimal places.
Students will be able to
- order decimal numbers using place value models,
- order decimal numbers on number lines,
- order decimal numbers from least to greatest,
- find the greatest or least number that can be made from a set of digits.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing numbers with up to two decimal places,
- metric units of measurement.
Students will not cover
- numbers with more than two decimal places,
- working with numbers greater than 100.