Lesson Plan: Evaluating Logarithms Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate logarithms using the relation between exponents and logarithms.
Students will be able to
- evaluate logarithms by converting between logarithmic and exponential forms,
- evaluate expressions involving logarithms using a calculator,
- find unknown bases or arguments in simple logarithmic equations,
- solve word problems involving evaluating logarithms.
Students should already be familiar with
- exponential functions,
- laws of exponents,
- converting statements in exponential form to logarithmic form and vice versa.
Students will not cover
- laws of logarithms,
- more complex logarithmic equations,
- solving exponential equations,
- natural logarithms.