Lesson Plan: Multiplying a Two-Digit Number by a Multiple of 10 Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply two-digit numbers by multiples of 10.
Students will be able to
- use models to multiply a two-digit number by a multiple of 10,
- decompose two-digit numbers to multiple by a multiple of 10,
- use properties of multiplication to multiply a two-digit number by a multiple of 10.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying by 10,
- multiplying multiples of 10.
Students will not cover
- multiplying by multiples of 10 greater than 90.