Lesson Plan: Increasing and Decreasing Intervals of a Function Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the intervals over which a function is increasing, constant, or decreasing.
Students will be able to
- recall the condition for a function to be increasing, decreasing, or constant over the interval ,
- identify the increasing and decreasing intervals of a simple function from its equation,
- identify the increasing and decreasing intervals of a function from its graph,
- give conditions for which a given equation is increasing or decreasing.
Students should already be familiar with
- the domain and range of a function,
- graphs of various types of functions.
Students will not cover