Lesson Plan: Friction and Surfaces Science • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define friction and compare how objects move across different surfaces.
Students will be able to
- identify smooth and rough surfaces,
- compare how easily objects move across smooth and rough surfaces,
- identify that there is a force between surfaces that move across each other,
- name friction as the force produced when two objects rub together,
- identify that the force of surfaces moving across each other produces heat.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that a force is a push or a pull.
Students will not cover
- air and water resistance.