Lesson Plan: Complementary and Supplementary Angles Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify complementary and supplementary angles and apply these properties in order to find a missing angle.
Students will be able to
- identify a pair of complementary angles,
- identify a pair of supplementary angles,
- classify pairs of angles as complementary or supplementary,
- find the measure of an angle given its complementary angle,
- find the measure of an angle given its supplementary angle,
- solve word problems using complementary and supplementary angles.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying right and straight angles,
- adding the measures of adjacent angles.
Students will not cover
- vertically opposite angles.