Lesson Plan: Growth and Change Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe physical changes that happen in humans over time and how they gain new knowledge that gives them new skills as they grow.
Students will be able to
- define origin,
- describe the physical changes that happen in humans over time and their development of new knowledge,
- predict how a human will change overtime,
- sequence changes in a timeline,
- compare and contrast two timelines,
- describe an experiment to investigate how humans grow and change over time.
Students should already be familiar with
- the human life cycle,
- the stages in the human life cycle (adult, teenager, child, and baby),
- the fact that humans change over time.
Students will not cover
- traits and characteristics,
- growth and change in other animals or in plants.