Lesson Plan: Congruent Shapes Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define congruent shapes as shapes that are exactly the same size and shape but may have different colors and orientations.
Students will be able to
- define congruent shapes as shapes that are exactly the same size and shape,
- understand that congruent shapes do not need to have the same color or direction,
- identify shapes that are congruent to each other.
Students will not cover
- checking congruence by measuring lengths of sides or finding the measure of the angles,
- congruence of line segments.