Lesson Plan: Pure Imaginary Numbers Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate, simplify, and multiply pure imaginary numbers and solve equations over the set of pure imaginary numbers.
Students will be able to
- recall the definition of purely imaginary numbers,
- simplify powers of ,
- multiply purely imaginary numbers,
- simplify expressions involving purely imaginary numbers,
- solve equations where the solutions are purely imaginary numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of complex numbers.
Students will not cover
- calculations, expressions, or equations involving complex numbers with a nonzero real part.