Lesson Plan: Areas of Composite Figures Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the area of a composite figure consisting of two or more shapes including polygons, circles, half-circles, and quarter-circles.
Students will be able to
- find the areas of composite figures where two or more shapes have been composed together,
- find the areas of composite figures where one or more shape is taken out of another shape.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding areas of 2D shapes:
Students will not cover
- the formula for finding the area of -sided polygons,
- areas of similar polygons.