Lesson Plan: Two-Step Linear Inequalities Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write and solve a linear inequality in two steps.
Students will be able to
- use the properties of inequalities in and to solve two-step inequalities,
- solve inequalities using the reverse order of operations,
- solve simple word problems by writing and solving inequalities.
Students should already be familiar with
- the order of operations,
- writing sets,
- writing and solving one-step inequalities.
Students will not cover
- inequalities with more than one unknown,
- solving inequalities of the second or third degree.