Lesson Plan: Growing Shape Patterns Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recognize growing shape patterns and find the next shape or row in a pattern.
Students will be able to
- identify growing patterns,
- find the rule of a growing pattern,
- find the next shape in a growing pattern,
- find the next row in a growing pattern.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying repeating patterns,
- finding repeated units/parts in patterns.
Students will not cover
- predict shapes or rows after the next two,
- numerical patterns,
- symmetrical patterns.