Lesson Plan: Forming a Quadratic Equation Using Another Quadratic Equation Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write a quadratic equation given the roots of another quadratic equation.
Students will be able to
- write a quadratic equation whose roots relate to the roots of a different quadratic equation.
Students should already be familiar with
- the relationship between the roots of a quadratic equation and the coefficients of its terms,
- rearranging algebraic expressions,
- solving quadratic equations.
Students will not cover
- forming a quadratic equation from its roots.