Lesson Plan: Law of Sines Mathematics • 11th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to apply the law of sines to find lengths and angle measures in non-right triangles.
Students will be able to
- recall the law of sines, ,
- recognize how the law of sines can be applied to a triangle to determine an unknown side length (given a diagram or otherwise),
- recognize how the law of sines can be applied to a triangle to determine an unknown angle measure (given a diagram or otherwise),
- solve a triangle using the law of sines, that is, calculate all unknown angle measures and side lengths.
Students should already be familiar with
- right triangle trigonometry.
Students will not cover
- the law of cosines,
- the ambiguous case of the law of sines,
- real-world applications of the law of sines.