Lesson Plan: Law of Cosines Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the sides and angles in non-right triangles using the law of cosines.
Students will be able to
- recall the law of cosines, ,
- recognize how the law of cosines can be applied to a triangle to determine an unknown side length (given a diagram or otherwise),
- recognize how the law of cosines can be applied to a triangle to determine an unknown angle measure (given a diagram or otherwise).
Students should already be familiar with
- right triangle trigonometry.
Students will not cover
- the law of sines,
- real-world applications of the law of cosines.