Lesson Plan: Graphing Quadratic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to graph any quadratic function using a table of values and a given interval and identify the features of the graph.
Students will be able to
- understand and identify the features of the graph of a quadratic function including
- the -intercepts,
- the -intercept,
- the axis of symmetry,
- the coordinates of the vertex,
- whether the graph opens upward or downward,
- its maximum or minimum,
- sketch a graph of a quadratic function using a table of values and a given interval.
Students should already be familiar with
- definition of a function,
- function notation,
- identifying and evaluating polynomial functions,
- graphing linear functions.
Students will not cover
- solving quadratic equations graphically.