Lesson Plan: Heat Conduction Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to investigate and compare materials that conduct or insulate heat and explore different uses of these materials.
Students will be able to
- describe the transfer of heat between objects,
- investigate how heat flows through different materials,
- define conductors and insulators,
- identify materials that are good conductors or insulators,
- describe different uses of materials that conduct or insulate heat,
- understand the uses of heat in everyday life.
Students should already be familiar with
- heat energy.
Students will not cover
- forms of energy other than heat,
- measuring temperature.