Lesson Plan: Artificial Reproduction Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the processes of test-tube baby formation (IVF) and renucleation and outline the role of gamete banks in artificial reproduction.
Students will be able to
- outline the process of test-tube baby formation (IVF) in producing offspring,
- outline the role of gamete banks in artificial reproduction,
- outline the process of renucleation (embryo cloning).
Students should already be familiar with
- the structures of male and female gametes,
- the female reproductive system,
- the menstrual cycle,
- the process of natural fertilization and embryo development (inside females).
Students will not cover
- causes of infertility in males and females,
- details of the types of hormones involved in the test-tube baby treatment (IVF).