Lesson Plan: Numbers up to 1,000,000 on a Number Line Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to locate and represent six-digit numbers on number lines with different scales.
Students will be able to
- identify the size of intervals on a number line,
- find the position of six-digit numbers on a number line,
- estimate the position of a six-digit number on a number line.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting in hundred thousands, ten thousands, thousands, hundreds, tens, and ones.
Students will not cover
- comparing six-digit numbers on number lines.