Lesson Plan: Addition of Three or More Two-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add three or more two-digit numbers and understand that we can add the numbers in any order.
Students will be able to
- understand that numbers can be added in any order,
- add multiple numbers by adding 2 numbers then adding again,
- choose which numbers to add first when there are more than 2 addends,
- find missing addends when there are 3 or more addends altogether.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding 2 two-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- adding on a number line,
- sums over 100.